Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Of Mice and Men

So much for John Steinbeck.

Once upon a time, I had a mouse named Logitech MX 620. It was a long long time ago. A little while has passed after I purchased it in a local store but just enough to be unable to return the so-called four-legged living creature, that had actually no tail either. Unfortunately, I have encountered a problem for the first time with a Logitech mouse: the left click would sparsely double click on single click.

It's the instantaneous death of a brand name! It's difficult to trust a brand that has failed miserably in your hands.

Lenny, don't die on me please!

A brand new Logitech MX 1100 has been given to me as a present few days ago. So touching, isn't it? I sincerely hope that it will survive to my very own professional stress test: my daily usage in the workplace. Nevertheless, it is comfy and rich of features. It has DPI buttons, which let you adjust your mouse readings on the fly. I am not a big fan of huge mouse but it's so comfortable that it's difficult to complain about its size. Logitech says that this model is perfect for people who spend more than 8 hours on a computer. And it seems quite right on a first impression.

Did trust in the brand name came back?

I strongly believe that one has to closely monitor his or her favourite companies and have an appreciation regarding to quality of their products. My experience with hardware companies, from the inside, taught me that the inner guts are not necessarily as beautiful as the product has been advertised. You might just get the worst lemon in the world. The answer is: never trust a brand, be faithful to your needs only.

Now let's see how this mouse handles the pressure...

No comments:

Post a Comment