Friday, September 24, 2010

A Truckload of Books

Shortcuts most often mean to cut corners but I have always considered books to be a reliable shortcut: we rely on others' extensive experience to expand our knowledge. Books make it possible for a reader to gain instant knowledge without having to run into a lengthy trials and errors learning process. Reading is an essential activity to cultivate and expand our knowledge, to become a better person and a better professional.

I have read a truckload of books about technologies, business, graphic design, psychology, languages, and so forth. Reading these books became the foundation of my knowledge and a useful tool to develop a unique expertise. Google books provides the ability to create a bookshelf listing books. The data entry is time consuming but so far I have entered 350 books that I have read.

You can take a look at my bookshelf.

2 comments:

  1. Google books is a bit buggy. Sometimes it doesn't count the books or list them correctly. Let's hope it will be fixed soon.

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pleasantly surprised by the staff of Google Books Support. They are caring and dedicated to make their products better. It's good to see that such a giant is approachable.

    Ian.

    ReplyDelete